Mosquito Beach - Playa del Carmen20.625775, -87.0725305555556
According to guest reviews, the hotel has been rated as Best Spa Hotels in Mexico
The 4-star Mosquito Beach Hotel offers a deluxe accommodation in 33 rooms. Mosquito Beach Hotel has been welcoming guests to its elegant rooms since 2005.
This property is positioned in the heart of Playa del Carmen. The center of Playa del Carmen is 1 km away from the venue.
The hotel is easy access to the local beach in Playa del Carmen.
Mosquito Beach Hotel is around 60 minutes' drive from Cancun International airport.
Rooms of Mosquito Beach Hotel are appointed with free wireless internet, a mini bar, a personal safe, a private terrace and an iron with ironing board. Rooms offer a beautiful view over the garden. The bathrooms come with a bathtub, a hairdryer and toiletries for more comfort.
Eat & Drink
A superb buffet breakfast is served in the dining room. Guests can unwind in the family restaurant, which serves fresh seafood cuisine. There is an onsite Glass bar to relax in. Offering a variety of dishes, Coffee Stop and Oh Lala are about 250 meters away.
The hotel offers free parking, a safe deposit box and a cloakroom along with a business centre and a conference room to respond to the needs of all guests.
On-site leisure facilities include a night club, a sun deck and an indoor swimming pool. Active travelers will appreciate a gym and cardiovascular equipment available on site.
Wireless internet is available in public areas for free.
No parking available.
Number of rooms: 33.
Late check-in/ -out
24-hour room service
Bar/ Lounge area
Outdoor heated swimming pool
Indoor swimming pool
Spa & wellness centre
Sports & Fitness
- Fitness centre
- 24-hour room service
- Car rental
- Tours/Ticket assistance
- Medical facilities service
- Wake up service
- Bell staff/Porter
- Breakfast room
- Restaurant buffet
- Bar/ Lounge area
- Buffet breakfast
- Business centre
Spa & Leisure
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- Indoor swimming pool
- Beach access
- Sun loungers
- Sun terrace
- Garden area
- Spa & wellness centre
- Air conditioning
- In-room safe
- Ironing facilities
- Bath/ Shower
- Hair dryer
- Flat-screen TV
- Cable/ Satellite television
- Paid films
- Direct dial telephone
- City landmarks
Rating by category:
Very nice stay at Mosquito Beach. Lovely rooms, great beach hang-out and super nice and helpful staff. Anytime again!
Service, comfort, swimming pool, si nice view and situation.
No information about breakfast from staff on the first day (didnt know we could have cooked breakfast...) Breakfast not as great as the hotel, no fresh juices, bad service, no cooked breakfast Hotel with a gym center would be just perfect.
The staff at Mosquito Beach were excellent and some of the best during my four week vaction. The hotel directly walk out on the beach.
Nothing I thought this place had a fantastic location extremely close to 5th Ave.
Service, staff, food: My girlfriend and I had life threatening food poisoning from the food served at the hotel within the first 24 hours of our stay and spent the next four next at either the hospital or in bed. The hotel refused to acknowledge any kind of culpability and the manager of the hotel would not even respond to our inquiry when we described our stay to her. This was the worst experience I have had at resort ever.
1) If you want to spend a couple of days at the beach of Carmen del Playa, the hotel has a great location. It is only a few meters from the beach and has its own beach club (negative: music is playing constantly). 2) Hotel staff is friendly and try to help as much as possible, however they are clearly not offering 5 star service (things do not work at a first attempt, you always have to follow up)
1) Not good value for money; the rooms are very small (a junior suite is not even the size of a deluxe room at other hotels) and very dark (no proper reading light); this hotel only works if you spend all your time at the beach 2) They haven't decided what kind of hotel they want to be: clearly no 5 star but too expensive to cater for larger audience 3) Staff was only hit and miss; they are nice but don't understand what is needed to offer seamless service
good location, quiet
outrageously overpriced, room very small and dark, tiny bathroom, very unconvenient room, the worst deal in Cancun !
Great staff. Lovely room. Beautiful design. Stunning beach
More lunch menu selections would be better; some cheaper drink options would be great too